Hold My Hand Tight While We're At It

Juni 29, 2022


Out of all the shareable things in this world, the responsibility for our own happiness, perspectives, and feelings aren't among them.

We are not responsible on how people will think about us, that way we can stop being such a people pleaser and can start to be the actual kind person. Based from a video that I watched, being kind is different from being nice. Kindness allows you to tell people you care about their flaws so they can fix them–you'd tell them that they irritate you so the both of you can share mutual respect in the future. Meanwhile, if we are more focused on being nice and only that, it means we only care about ourselves and how others think about us.

Either way, people aren’t responsible for the way we feel. This may sound cruel, but it’s true. However, our feelings are our own responsibility. Either happiness or sadness is something that we decide.

In which I would say, thank you to everyone who help me to deal with how I manage and interpret my feelings, happiness, etc. when I was too dumb to realize the right thing. When I was too careless to even take care of my feelings. I should’ve done it alone since it’s my responsibility to do so, however, I can’t deny that your company does make it easier.

I’m thankful for every encounter that I made with you guys. The number of nights that we spent together under the same roof, talking about nothing till 2 am in the morning. Or your willingness to hear me talking over the phone when I was away and homesick, and other scenarios when you were by my side through all the ups and downs. All of those moments, all of you. I couldn’t mention all the names–but be it old good friends or the new ones, thanks for comforting me and being such an endless wonderful resource for me to learn to be a better person.

On the other hand, I do aware that even endless things have their end in this finite world. We may become apart for so so many reasons. Therefore, I hope every moment that we would spend together can be a part of our dazzling core memory–the one we’ll look back to when life gets tough. So either it’s happiness, sadness, or something between those two that you feel, you can remain silent if you prefer to keep it–, but hold my hand tight while we’re at it.




You Might Also Like

0 komentar