Embracing Virtual Life

Maret 18, 2022

 



Warning : contains grammatical error, kinda word vomiting.

I covered an article about internet and carbon emission yesterday--or a few hours ago because it's 00:24 a.m. I was half stunned to realize that our online activity does impacting our mother earth.

But then, covid makes almost all of us impossible to even decreasing our screen time. Come to think about it, these past two years, I almost spend my time and went through a lot of phases on it.

The history chat between me and one of my friend almost looks like a life record. From prepared for college entrance exam, got my first job, fell in love after a long time, heart broke, tight college schedules that frustated me, first time solo trip, etc. I just need to scroll up and relive the memories.

Compared to life before corona, this one is rather boring. But everything is just fine after we get used to it. I think, boredom could be so overwhelming but at the end we'll reach a point where it turns to be a habit and we finally can go with it.
I must say that the 'heart break' wasn't something good to experience again. But without it, I probably couldn't think of any way to enjoy my life and all of my alone times.

I was a teenager who always thought about leaving home and leave my footprints on many places. Only five months ago I realized that I couldn't really be alone. A second workplace in the family room informally built the day I had to finished a paper due in less than 24 hours when all I wanted to do was to bury my face in my pillow and cry. And I'm rarely stuck in my own room ever since, except when I really need to focus or have drama marathon.
Not to mention that I wasn't having a habit to romanticize things before, but I couldn't help but to enjoy smallest things on the internet like how I found someone else was opening the same Google Docs or Spreadsheet in the strangest hour like 1 am meaning I wasn't the only night owl who need a whole day to collect motivations to actually finish the work.

Or when I found that my friend listened to my spotify playlist. Or when classmate randomly chat me in private during a Zoom class. Or when I opened secreto and it flooded with funny or very kind messages. Or when someone relates to what I feel when I expressed it on my secret Twitter account.

And finally, after a while, I found a lot more interesting things that often comes to my mind first thing in the morning when I wake up. Do you know how it feels like having a job that you love? It's my first time getting to know what people means by "love your job" and even though it's just an internship program, I find myself enjoying it so much though when dateline is near, I have a lot of complains toward myself, hehe.

Unlike former generation, almost all of my youth memories are recorded but I can't go out a lot and experience it directly. But who knows, maybe the future needs it to be recorded well than for me to always experience it physically.

However, I can't deny that internet can't replace warm things like your best friends' hug at 2 am after all of you shared each other secrets for the first time. It can't replace your racing heart beats when you run after heard that your team won a competition. It can't replace the cheerful when one of your high school classmates cracked a joke and the whole class laugh together.

I miss those times so much that sometimes it's feel surreal that it's already over. But maybe just like a vehicle on the road, sometimes life phase can run in such a fast pace, and sometimes it moves slow for you to learn again how to breathe and appreciate small things. Because more often than not, it adds up to something so beautiful, it worths all the tears and struggles.

Finished in March 18, 00:59 am.
Will check the grammar and add more pictures later.
Have a lot to do in the rest of this month. Wish me luck!

You Might Also Like

0 komentar